I would like this list to be complete, but I cannot guarantee that it is. I have added all of the appearances I am aware of. Additions, corrections, comments and criticisms are welcome. Please send them to email@example.com
Videos in which the Roches perform
- Bridge and Tunnel Girls, a video by Peter Stampfel and the Bottlecaps which appears as additional content on the CD "The Jig is Up", Blue Navigator BN 020, 2004. Maggie and Terre appear.
- A Family Concert Featuring The Roches, Baby Music Boom, 1995
- Live Nude Review, unreleased concert video from 1991.
- Folk City 25th Anniversary Concert, Rhino Home Video, 1990
- The Roches sing Face Down At Folk City
- Big Nuthin', promotional video for the Speak album, 1987(?)
- Everyone Is Good, promotional video for the Speak album 1990(?).
Videos and movies in which one or more of the Roches appears
- A Weekend in the Country, 1995.
- The Roches appear at the end of the movie. They sing "Pregnant Pause". Unfortunately, you only hear the very end of the song. Suzzy has a line.
- Me and Veronica, produced by True Pictures, directed by Don Scardino, 1992 (available on video tape)
- Suzzy appears as a Bar Customer
- My New Gun, directed by Stacy Cochran, 1992 (released on video by Columbia TriStar Home Video)
- Suzzy appears as a Checkout Girl
- Crossing Delancey, produced by Warner Bros., directed by Joan Micklin Silver, 1992 (released on video tape by Warner Home Video)
- Suzzy appears as Marilyn Cohen
- Almost You, directed by Adam Brooks, 1985
- Suzzy appears as a Receptionist
- Soup for One, produced by Warner Bros., directed by Jonathan Kaufer, 1982.
Rereleased on Warner Home Video with a new Dolby soundtrack.
- Suzzy appears as Girl #1 - Suzzy's Film Debut!
Videos, movies, and cartoons for which the Roches have supplied music.
- The Land Before Time II, MCA Universal Home Video, 1994
- Crossing Delancey, Warner Home Video, 1989
- Song City USA, Scholastic Productions, 1989
- The Roches sing "Rover" but do not appear
- Heaven Help Us, 1985, directed by Michael Dinner.
- Hallelujah Chorus is used as opening and closing music.
Television Appearances by the Roches
The video clips linked below come from the VCRs of fans who were fast on the record button. The quality of these clips varies depending on the generation of the copy, the quality of the recording, and the quality of the original transmission. Some of the clips are excellent, some are damaged, but all should be interesting.
- The Old Grey Whistle Test (England, 1979)
- We - used as soundtrack for animation.
- Saturday Night Live, Christmas time (11/17/79)
- The Old Grey Whistle Test (England, 1980)
- Rockpalast (Germany, 1980)
- Rock Goes to College (BBC, 1981)
From the Loughborough University of Technology
- Ryan's Hope (Christmas time 1981 or 1982).
- The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder (1982)
- Evening at the Improv (1982)
- Public Television show about Winnipeg Folk Festival (1982 or 1983?)
- Cambridge Folk Festival (BBC, 1982?)
- The Old Grey Whistle Test (BBC, 1983?)
- Afternoon Plus (Thames TV, 1983)
- New Show (1983)
- The Roches sing backup for Paul Simon on Hearts & Bones
- Soundstage (1983)
- Dick Cavett (1985)
- Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (NBC, 11/20/85)
- The Late Show (7/8/87)
- Oprah Winfrey's Friends (6/88)
- Made in New York with Matt Lauer (1987)
- Tiny Toons (animation)
- Robert Klein Time (USA Network, 198?)
- Anti-sex Backlash of the 80's
- NBC Sunday Night (3/19/89)
- New Visions Folk, VH-1 (1989)
- In Your Face (Celebrity Ski) VH-1 (1989)
- Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (NBC, 1990)
- Today Show (NBC. 12/25/90)
- Late Nite with David Letterman (NBC, 1990)
- New Jersey Network (1991)
- Princesses (Fall 91)
- The Roches sang the opening theme song "Someday My Prince Will Come".
- Late Nite with David Letterman (NBC, 12/20/91)
- Tracey Takes On (HBO, March 1997)